Raschig rings are tubular pieces commonly used as random packing materials in chemical processing and mass transfer operations, such as fractional distillation. They are a cylindrical tube typically having an equal length and diameter and may be made from carbon, ceramic, plastic or metal. Due to their critical role in chemical separation processes, it is essential to employ quality and consistent Raschig rings made by an experienced manufacturer.
At Wisconsin Stamping & Manufacturing, we are a full-service manufacturer capable of producing high-quality Raschig rings in a range of sizes and metals. Equipped with over 60 years of experience and made in the USA in our state of the art ISO 9001 certified facility, our team has the skills, knowledge, and tools necessary to produce components tailored to our customer’s exact needs. Our commitment to superior customer service ensures that the customer remains involved throughout the process to provide input and feedback.
Overview of Raschig Rings
Companies employ Raschig rings in a wide variety of tasks that require Chemical Separation, Mass Transfer, or Fractional Distillation. Their surface area and shape creates a randomly packed distillation environment that performs better than fractal patterns and allows for good internal liquid distribution, consistent and repeatable efficiency, and offers a high percentage of void space. Depending on the construction material and wall thickness, they also allow for predictable rates of heat transfer for standardized chemical processes.
Common Applications of Raschig Rings
While Raschig rings can be used for a variety of processes, the components need to be specially formulated to best suit the task, the environment, and the chemicals involved. Some of its common applications include:
● Distilled Spirits manufacturing
● Chemical tower operations
● Ethanol production
● Gas processing
● Pollution control scrubbers
● Mass transfer
● Heat transfer
● Liquid extraction
Benefits of Raschig Rings
Raschig rings—especially metal Raschig rings—offer many benefits, such as:
● Low cost. They can be made from a variety of materials, they are easily tailored to applications at low production costs. Purchasing in bulk, as is common, further reduces the investment required.
● Excellent durability. Raschig rings have long service lives due to their superior resistance to caustic chemicals, acids, and solvents. Their high strength design also reduces fouling and stagnation. Additionally, they resist damage from extreme temperatures and physical shock.
● High capacity and separation efficiency. Metal Raschig rings have the additional benefits of high capacity and separation efficiency.
Raschig Rings from Wisconsin Stamping
At Wisconsin Stamping, we specialize in producing metal Raschig rings. We offer these specialty products in a variety of metals, including stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum, copper, nickel, exotic alloys, and superalloys. To create Raschig rings tailored to our customers’ needs, we provide the following services:
- Full-service manufacturing. We offer a wide range of in-house fabrication services for Raschig rings, such as stamping, roll forming, swiss machining, and full tooling services (standard and custom).
- Finishing. As part of our full in-house services, we also fully finish the products with surface treatments and a variety of finish options.
- Fulfillment. Once your Raschig rings are fabricated and finished, our team gets them ready for transportation or delivery. Our fulfillment services include custom kitting and packaging as well as other options to serve your requirements.
What Makes Us Unique?
By partnering with us, customers benefit from our:
- Over 60 years of manufacturing experience
- USA made in our State-of-the-art, ISO 9001 certified facility
- Broad range of in-house manufacturing capabilities
- Comprehensive quality assurance program
Altogether, these qualities allow us to provide customers with the highest quality products and superior customer service with shorter lead times and at competitive prices.
We are proud to serve the following industries:
- Electrical power distribution
- Industrial equipment, such as conveying, packaging, and processing equipment
- Lawn & garden
- Outdoor power equipment
- Plastic injection molding
- Turf care
- Water and wastewater management
Order Your Raschig Rings Today
At Wisconsin Stamping, we have over 60 years of experience manufacturing metal Raschig rings for a variety of chemical processing, distillation, and other mass transfer applications. With our extensive in-house capabilities, we serve as a one-stop-shop for standard and custom metal Raschig rings. Contact us to learn more about our metal fabrication services or request a quote today.
Interior Diameter 1/16″ to 3-5/16″
(1.5mm to 84mm)
Outer Diameter 5/64″ to 3-1/2″
(2mm to 89mm)
Length 1/8″ to 9″
Wall Thickness .010″ to .156″
- Stainless Steel
- Nickel Alloys
- Duplex Alloys
- Other High Performance Metals
- CO₂ and H₂S selective absorption
- Air pollution control scrubbers
- Ammonia absorption
- FCC absorbers
- Water deaeration and decarbonation
- Sour water stripper
Light Ends Fractionators
- Absorption in gas processing and combustion plants
- Liquid/Liquid extraction
- Petrochemical distillation and extraction applications
- Desorption in water treatment
- Natural gas processing
- Spirit distillation
Contact us at 888-236-8838 or firstname.lastname@example.org